Pages

Friday 17 May 2013

The Name Game

For me, naming my children has felt like one of the biggest responsibilitys of being a parent, you are giving your child their identity and something that has to stay with them for life. So how do you make such an important decision? For us the names seem to have just come to    us and the names have been picked from pretty early on, except for our boys name this time which now at 39weeks pregnant we have decided we're not to sure about and are now desperately trying to find one we love. I also find that picking girls names alot easier as there are alot more pretty names.

With 'Scarlett Rose' the middle name was chosen first because it's mine and I wanted to pass something of mine onto her, because when she was born we weren't married so was having her Dad's surname. The only other contender for her was 'Maddie' but we felt that she would need a full name, my choice was 'Madison' and Mr's was 'Madeline' when we couldn't agree we had a look online and found 'Scarlett' it was perfect for us. It goes so well with 'Rose', it's pretty and feminine, and most importantly suits her. I also like names that can be shortened so 'Scarlett' became 'Lottie'.

If Lottie had been a boy she would have been called 'Finian Thomas' Which Mr had asked if we could use, as its a family name. Looking back I'm glad that we had a girl as I've really gone off 'Finian' now, I still like Thomas so we have decided to keep that as a middle name for him whatever we decide. 
I'm just desperately hoping we find a name that we like, I'd hate for them to be born as us have absolutely no clue what to call  him (thats if its a boy anyway) im really hoping its a girl now so I don't have to have the dilemma.
Hiw did you choose your childrens names?
E x 

No comments:

Post a Comment