Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

37 &38 weeks pregnant

As my due date gets closer I've been trying to make the most of being a mummy of one and  enjoy just spending time with Lottie, giving her my undivided attention because I know as soon as Pudding arrives its going to be impossible to give her this level of attention especially when I'm feeding Pudding. We've been swimming and to an indoor soft play centre because I think these are going to be the things that are going to be hardest with two little ones, even when there are two adults as neither of you can have a break for even a minute as you're each have a child to watch. I really hope it's not going to be as hard  as I'm imagining, although I suspect it will be.

Pudding seems to have dropped a little bit as my ribs aren't in as much pain, when I saw the midwife at 38+2 she said their head was just sitting on the brim, so it's already to engage and since then I do feel like my bump has dropped a little bit.
I've had a few twinges with period like pain and back ache but after an hour or so it all dies down again, hopefully it means everything is heading in the right direction direction though. I've started taking raspberry leaf tablets and drinking the tea, which should help prepare my uterus and cervix for labour and apparently will help make labour quicker and easier. Fingers crossed it works. Been eating pineapples and doing lots of bouncing on birthing ball but neither of these seems to be bringing on labour, as much as I try to start things early I do believe that Pudding won't come until they're good and ready, so I can see me having an induction at 42weeks, I think I've made them to comfy in there.

Did anything help get your labour started?
Thanks for reading E xx

No comments:

Post a Comment