Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

36 weeks pregnant

Its been a really busy week but we are now all ready for Pudding to arrive, I went and saw the midwife for my 36week check and everything is going well, Pudding is measuring exactly right for dates, my iron levels are slightly low so midwife wants me to just boost them up a little bit ready for birth, while there she arranged to come around on Monday for my pre birth visit and to drop off the home birth kit and gas & air.
 While she was round she answered all the questions we had and talked us though what would happen. She also prepped Mr on how to deliver if they don't make it in time. Having a home birth is going to be so different to my hospital birth with Lottie, I feel more like I'm going to be the one calling the shots, I can go where I want, eat and drink when I want, after Puddings born I can curl up in my own bed and have cuddles with both my children and I don't have to be left by myself overnight on a strange hospital ward. I just hope now that I won't end up in hospital being  induced if I go overdue.

My midwife has suggested that from 37weeks I start taking raspberry leaf tea to help prepare my body for labour, so I'm going to give it ago. I'v also read that evening primrose oil is also meant to be good but not sure if I should try it or not, as some people say that it can just give you false starts and end up giving yourself contractions for no reason, maybe if I go over and start getting desperate I'll give it ago.
I really wish that Pudding would engage so that my bump would drop, my ribs are physically bruised now and even lying down doesn't relive the pain any more. As much as I'm ready for Pudding to be born I also don't want to wish my pregnancy away and try to enjoy it as much as possible.
Thanks for reading 
E

No comments:

Post a Comment